Sunday 13 December 2009

My Art

                             


This was my first try on pastels , I was lucky finding a mount and black frame for it and I want to try this again as I like doing it but it is rather messy when you like the chalky type.

This is acrylic which is very fast at drying .

This also is acrylic , but I like sunset and I like painting water still or moving.

My only sketch with pencil was this one of the  late  Pope John Paul .It is the only time I have been satisfied with a face so I left it at that.

The stall at Grassington  with my D.W. stood behind . The woodwork seen is what I make and paint and the slates are for peoples door numbers to be added and then varnished   to make rainproof.

A closer look at the poppy collection , all that is missing is the large poppy clock which has been sold.

The two new clocks, 6 inch and 10 inch neither painted before . Heard once or twice from people at the stall flowers are lovely colours, or about the butterfly.


These are the two best selling  birds and the poppy is easily the best flower . I find it hard to believe sometimes how many people really like or collect things with poppies or owls on .


My painting in oils ,  I put it away in my folder and forgot about it . This was one of the first I ever did . I got it out to show a friend one day , and they said it has depth , the falling tree draws the eye in. It somehow looks  as though there is distance .


This the other oil painting trying to do the same thing , get distance . Trying to do the job with the path disappearing into the woods. They are both now framed and on the wall in the front room .
Anyway I now have somewhere to go and do my paintings I could call  my studio except for one thing it is up in the attic so I just call it up there. It has been used by DW as her workroom for the past 16 years but she doesn't use it as much these days and there is room for both of us up there .

1 comment:

  1. those are lovely, especially the landscapes which are my favourite

    ReplyDelete