Saturday 31 October 2009

Meg's Little expedition

I thought I would take Meg out for a little run around on the back field , she is the right type for a run about each day. Well after crossing the railway and getting on the park as we call it ,I let her off her lead . We have been doing this for a while but with a ball , and she seems to expect me having this ball every time , so I am getting her used to no ball , it is easier than I thought . She has though taken an interest in grey squirrels. Now ,as soon as I let her go she is off towards the trees looking for them. The same route every time, but every tree , at least she can't come to any harm. The best part of this is she gets a lot of exercise while I just walk along keeping an eye on her.
Here it could be another dog if one has been around here, it could be a fox because they do come around at night, but I know the squirrels are around . Squirrels are the most likely as she doesn't usually pay much attention to other dogs.
The nuts around this tree make it obvious to me there are squirrels around here.Oh no ! where is she going this is someones private garden. I think I got a bit stuck what to do , reached in my pocket for a whistle I have to call her back and a man who was passing turned to me and said , in voice just like a policeman would sound . "Is this your dog ". She was stood behind me. I could have killed her.


But after taking back to the centre of the park I let her off again, when she is squirrel hunting at least she is getting her exercise

Then at the very end of our little walk , here we have '' I've seen one '' One thing for sure at least I know she will never catch one.

No comments:

Post a Comment