Wednesday 14 October 2009

One day while taking Meg for a walk,I found what I thought was a little clutch of something growing in a little alcove . The alcove was made by the roots of tree. It was only a couple of weeks later I went back to see what this something under a tree was. It had actually grown , and luckily I was without Meg. As I approached I could hear rustling and movement of some sort, but when I squatted down to see , there was nothing just this. Then after a couple of days I couldn't stay away ,but whoever or whatever I had heard had gone and all there was is an empty little space.
Well that was it I had frightened them off , but they sure must have been small to sit in there
A fortnight or so later when I let out last thing at night I noticed something at the bottom of the garden, so I put Meg back indoors and went to have a look. There was an avenue of lights of some sort ,but I didn't want to go too near. My first move was for my camera, but be careful I thought, so I did all the work from the other side of the garden. Going by the sound of things it was the same as I had heard in the park under that tree. There was a quiet whisper and what were those lights .
Well after a while I got to where I had to go and find out, so I knew it would be the wrong thing to do but I switched on my flash and took a photograph .

The funny part of all this is each time I do something that I would expect to have frightened them off they come a little closer to me, so I have put a little door in Ursula's hearth for them to come and go as they please.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe now you've given them their own door they won't be as timid:)

    ReplyDelete