Tuesday 19 May 2009

Knitting to pass time

I first started knitting when about 10. As soon as I was able to do a knit and a purl I was wanting to knit something but a pullover for myself seemed a big thing then , luckily the lady next door was expecting a little one so the easiest item for me would be baby clothes . Anyway that was a long time ago . Now after such a long time I have got round to making myself an Aran cardigan. I also have tried tri colour , OK it took me a while to do and it turned out to be fairly thick and is very warm.One thing I can say about both Aran and Fair Isle it seems to pass time a lot better than plain knitting as I don't get bored doing the same thing over and over again.
Once I had completed the two items for myself and realised leaving knitting alone for the 27 years I was able to work, I could still do it I wanted to try all sorts . I could see my wife knitting socks so I had a go at that . The ones below were my second attempt and for myself of course,they and they are on some sock blockers . Laal Bear my DW has a business and they are for her stall , they are sold with a little painting on of sheep usually.

Next ,once I knew how to knit socks I had to have a go at something else . I can't do the same thing over and over again as I said before , so at Preston Stitch and Bitch I saw someone knitting a Tam and thought I would try and find a book on the subject , well that was easier than I thought it would . The book was simply called Tams .

The one below was a pattern printed for me but I had to put the colour in myself .

I've got a few more projects lined up to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment